The following behavior occurs when visualizing a higher amount of data-points in a chart in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC):
- The default/custom sorting based on dimension get changed.
- Not all the data-points can be displayed.
SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise) 2019.21.8
Reproducing the Issue
- Logon to SAC tenant.
- Create a story.
- Add a chart with a measure and dimension with a high number of dimension members.
- Restrict the available dimension members with a Filter or Input control.
- Apply any kind of sorting on the chart based on the dimension.
- Delete the applied Filter or Input control.
- Notice that Auto Top N sorting is applied and sorting option gets disabled.
- The behavior is by design.
- Charts with too many data-points will trigger an 'Auto Top N'. This is intended to protect the chart from overplotting and poor performance.
- When an Auto Top N is applied sorting is disabled. The Auto Top N is effectively a sort on the measure value and we don't support multi-measure sorting today.
- Limits for different chart types:
- Radar: 100
- Bar/Column/Line: 500
- Pie/Donut: 10
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics, Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO, sapanalyticscloud, sap analytical cloud, sap analytical cloud, SAC, greyed out, grayed out, input control, Auto Top N , KBA , LOD-ANA-DES , Story Design & Visualizations , LOD-ANA-BI , Business Intelligence Functionality, Analytic Models , Problem