- Negative number is processed as positive number in waterfall chart on SAC story
- No problem on Stacked Bar/Column chart
- SAP Analytics Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
- Logon SAC.
- Open a story with waterfall chart and Stacked Bar/Column chart which are created based on the same model.
- Find negative number is processed as positive number in waterfall chart, however no problem in Stacked Bar/Column chart.
- In the bar chart, the negative values are negatives, hence they are shown below the axis line.
- Waterfall is a special chart that shows the positive or negative impact of a measure, taking into account the measure value and its account type.
- If measure values are expenses (EXP), positive expense (like $50k in salary), is seen as having a negative impact (less money) on the business.
- A negative expense (like a rent refund), has a good impact (more money), hence the waterfall shows this as an increase with green color.
- The behavior is by design.
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Search for SAP Analytics Cloud content using Google or Bing:
- Note: Add relevant text or warning/error messages to the text search field to filter results.
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Data Connections
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
Negative number, positive, waterfall, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics , KBA , LOD-ANA-DES , Story Design & Visualizations , Problem