A Financial Reporting Structure downloaded from ByDesign fails to open in Microsoft Excel, with following error message:
'We found a problem with some content in 'ABC.xlsx'. Do you want us to try to recover as much as we can? If you trust the source of this workbook, click Yes.'
ABC means the file name.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Go to the Overview view.
- Open fine tuning activity Charts of Accounts, Financial Reporting Structures, Account Determination.
- Click Edit financial reporting structures.
- Click Add.
- Enter required data and click OK.
- Select the newly created structure.
- Click Export to Microsoft Excel.
- Open the file in Excel.
- Error message is thrown: 'We found a problem with some content in 'ABC.xlsx'. Do you want us to try to recover as much as we can? If you trust the source of this workbook, click Yes.'
As per current design, system does not accept empty reporting structure to be changed and uploaded back to ByDesign (no automatic XML mapping happens in empty reporting structure downloaded in .xlsx format).
An existing reporting structure (with data maintained) should be downloaded instead of an empty one, then the changes (add/remove structure) can be done in Excel, and finally uploaded back to ByDesign.
financial reporting structure; microsoft excel; xlsx; xml , KBA , microsoft excel , financial reporting structure , xlsx , xml , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , How To