Subsitution or Validation does not work for all GL accounts using Context Market Segment in app Manage Substitution/Validation Rules
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
S/4 HANA Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
- Validation/Substitution created in App Manage Substitution/Validation Rules (App Id F4406) using Context Market Segment.
- Data entered in app App for example Post General Journal Entries (App ID F0718)
- Validation or Substiution does not work for balance sheet accounts.
Substitution or Validation using the Market Segment is only valid for cost or revenue accounts assigned to a Profitability (Market) Segment
- In app Manage G/L Account Master (App id F0731A) check account configuration.
- Context Coding Block or Market Segment can be used for cost or revenue accounts.
- Context Market Segment is only valid for cost or revenue accounts assigned to a Profitability (Market) Segment - Scope Item J55 - Application Component CO-PA
- Context Journal Entry Item which is available from 2005 is valid for all Accounts
The Substitution/Validations are called for each line item separately and so also all rules and there included checks, in case of context market segment only line items with a profitability segment will be processed.
Functional area, substitution, market segment, co-pa, F4406, F0718, sales order, outgoing invoice, goods issue, KEDR_COPA_DERIVE , KBA , FI-SL-VSR , Validation, Substitution and Rules , Problem