This document has been created to clarify the behavior of the Data Replication Monitor (DRM) tool when deleting employees replication records (or 'elements').
- The most common symptom observed, which creates a need for this clarification, is the Replication Update Status (replicationUpdateStatus) set to 'DELETED'
- SuccessFactors BizX
- Data Replication Monitor
Reproducing the Issue
The replication information displayed in the DRM is stored in the EmployeeDataReplicationElement entity.
Although the 'DELETED' status is not displayed within the DRM UI,
you may have observed this status if you interact with the EmployeeDataReplicationElement entity in one or more of the following ways:
- You have a report created which reports on replication data stored in EmployeeDataReplicationElement
- You read data from the EmployeeDataReplicationElement entity via ODATA API
- You have an Integration Center job which reads data from EmployeeDataReplicationElement
- You are reviewing records via Manage Data > Employee Data Replication Status and see 'Replication Update Status: Deleted'
The behavior of the DELETE operation is different depending on how many employees replication records (or 'elements') are selected for deletion:
LESS THAN 10 - select less than 10 employees in the Data Replication Monitor tool and click the DELETE button:
- These employee replication records (and associated confirmations) are directly deleted from the system
10 OR MORE - select 10 or more employees in the Data Replication Monitor tool and click the DELETE button:
- The Replication Update Status (replicationUpdateStatus) field is set to 'DELETED' for these records
- Background job: EmployeeDataReplicationElementDeletionJob is triggered which deletes the records (and associated confirmations) which have the DELETED status
You can review the status of the EmployeeDataReplicationElementDeletionJob in the Monitor Job tool in SuccessFactors.
Elements with status 'DELETED' are not displayed in the DRM - we suggest you also filter this value out of any reports you may have on EmployeeDataReplicationElement entity
If you believe the deletion job has encountered issues, please log an case with component: LOD-SF-INT-DRM
Data Replication Monitor, DRM, Delete, Deleted, Replication Update Status, replicationUpdateStatus, EmployeeDataReplicationElement, Employee Data Replication Status, EmployeeDataReplicationElementDeletionJob , KBA , LOD-SF-INT-DRM , Data Replication Monitor , LOD-SF-INT , Integrations , Problem