On Changing the status of production task to Finish the status of corresponding production lot and order is Closed automatically instead of Finish status.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
1. Go to Production Control workcenter and Task Control view.
2. Find Task ID 9999(where 9999 is the production task ID) and Confirm.
3. Enter Confirmed Quantity and Save.
4. Change Status to Finish
You will notice that status of corresponding production lot/order 9999 is changed to Closed instead of Finish.
The closure decision for the production lot/order is based on the Default Production Lot Closure Strategy maintained in Business Configuration.
Automatic closure of production lots closes the production lot immediately when the last production task is finished. Manual closure of production lots can be triggered from production lots or by defining a scheduled job.
To change the Default Production Lot Closure Strategy to Manual follow the below steps:
1. Go to Business Configuration workcenter
2. In Activities find Production Lot Closure Strategy
3. Change Default Production Lot Closure Strategy to B010 - Manual closure of production lot.
Production, Task, Lot, Order, Default, Closure, Strategy, Automatic, Manual,Configuration, Finish. , KBA , task , lot , production , order , default , configuration , strategy , closure , automatic , finish , manual , AP-PE-TSK , Production Task , How To