You want to learn How to Create HANA 2.0 Custom View in SAP Web IDE using Cloud Foundry HANA Trial account?
As, while adding custom views, you're receiving below warning information in SAP Marketing Cloud (SMC) since release 2002.
"In the upcoming releases, the SAP HANA database version 1.0 will be upgraded to SAP HANA 2.0. Due to this change, the SAP HANA studio is no longer supported to model Custom Views. Post upgrade only Analytical Models from the SAP HANA Development Infrastructure (HDI) are supported for import. For modelling you can, for example, use SAP HANA express edition that offers an SAP Web IDE."
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
- SAP Marketing Cloud - 2008 Onwards
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to app Add Custom View
- You receive the warning popup since 2002 release.
Please be informed that with this notification we want to make you aware of the changes coming in the upcoming release of SAP Marketing Cloud.
- We will communicate our customers on what changes for them with the required documentation when the changes apply to their systems.
- In the current release, the app will behave just as it used to, in the previous releases.
- Also, the custom views application will continue to exist even after the changes mentioned in the notification are applied.
With SAP Marketing Cloud 2008 release -
Check below blogs on How to Create HANA 2.0 Custom View in SAP Web IDE using Cloud Foundry HANA Trial account:-
- Part 1: Cloud Foundry HANA Trial Account Setup for Creating HDI Custom Views in SAP Web IDE.
- Part 2: Export and Import the allowlisted HANA Calculation Views.
- Part 3: Building new Custom Views in SAP Web IDE.
- Environment for modelling Custom HANA Views for SAP Marketing Cloud.
- General problems and solutions in SAP Web IDE with respect to HDI views.
- Earlier you might have used the SAP HANA Studio or Eclipse for modeling the views.
- With SMC 2008 release, SAP HANA express edition that offers an SAP Web IDE to model HDI compliant custom views.
- The views that are already available in the system until the upgrade, will be migrated by SAP to HDI compliant views, during the upgrade.
- And the systems are expected to work as is, with no impact to the customers.
- There will be no action required from the customers for the already uploaded custom views apart from above blogs.
Important Note: There are multiple old blogs on this topic, recommend to follow below latest blogs.
upgrade, extension, web_ide, cloud_foundary, custom_view
, KBA , CEC-MKT-EXT , Marketing extensibility , CEC-MKT-CPG , Campaign , CEC-MKT-SEG , Segmentation , Problem