- Unable to see all database objects.
- Some Tables, Views, Stored Procedures, are missing in the Data Explorer.
- When connecting to a database in Crystal Reports via Citrix, not all Tables, Views, or Stored Procedure, are displayed in the Database Expert.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
SAP Crystal Reports 2016
- SAP Crystal Reports 2020
Reproducing the Issue
In Crystal Reports, create a new report.
In the "Database Expert, connect to the data source via ODBC.
- Once connected to the database, observe that not all the dayabase objects are displayed. It is missing some Tables, Views or Stored Procedure.
By default, Crystal Reports retrieve the first 8,000 database objects. This is why database objects could be missing from the list, if the database have a large number of objects. For reference, see the SAP Knowledge Base Article 1215994
Registry Key: NTablesMax, can be changed to increase the number of visible database objects, but on Citrix, changing the Current User Registry works only for one session, and the next session the Registry Key value will be back to the default limit of 8,000.
- Registry key change not retained is due to how Citrix works, but to workaround this Citrix limitation, the suggestions are:
- Create a report template connected to rthe equired database object, and use this report template to create other reports on Citrix; or
- Modify the Microsoft Registry key: NTablesMax manually for every Citrix session; or
- On the database, limit the Database Users rights to see only required database objects; or
- In the Database Expert options, filter the database objects to display the one you are looking for; or
- Install Crystal Reports on a local computer, instead of using Citrix.
- 1215994 - Unable to see all database Tables, Views or Stored Procedures in Crystal Reports
CR , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem
SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2020