- It is not possible to choose the grouping while creation of contact person in App Manage Business Partner Master Data.
- Contact Person Grouping/Number Range is not correct when creating a contact using Manage Business Partner Master Data App.
- In the Manage Business Partner Master Data app, if a contact person is created directly within an existing organization, the contact person's grouping / number range is incorrect since the correct group for the contact person cannot be specified.
SAP S/4HANA Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Manage Business Partner Master Data App.
- Create a New Organization or choose an existing one.
- Create a Contact Person for this organisation.
- It is not possible to choose the grouping under which this contact person should be created.
Selection of a different grouping for Contact Person is currently not available in when creating the contact person and customer at the same time. If a different grouping is needed then the Customer and its Contact Person would need to be created separately first.
To create a contact person, the following steps must be followed:
- Go to the Maintain Business Partner App.
- Create a business partner with type 'Person'.
- Assign the BP role 'Contact Person'.
- Choose the Grouping in which Contact Person should be created.
- Fill the data and save.
- Go to sub header 'Relationships' of this contact person BP.
- Create relationship 'Is Contact Person For' relationship to the Customer/Supplier BP. (Alternatively, the sub header 'Relationships' of the Customer/Supplier BP can be selected and relationship 'Has contact person' can be chosen for this contact person BP).
- Save this relationship.
Another Workaround is to
- Create a new Person via App Manage Business Partner Master Data.
- Choose the grouping under which this business partner should be created.
- During creation of an organisation contact person, select the above Business Partner which was created.
S4_PC, S4HC, contact, person, grouping, number, range, organisation, organization, BP, bp, customer, vendor, supplier, relationship, partner, function. , KBA , LO-MD-BP , Business Partners , LO-MD-FIO-CM , Fiori UI for Customer Master , LO-MD-FIO-VM , Fiori UI for Vendor Master , Problem