- It is not possible to choose the grouping while creation of contact person in App Manage Business Partner Master Data.
- Contact Person Grouping/Number Range is not correct when creating a contact using Manage Business Partner Master Data App.
- In the Manage Business Partner Master Data app, if a contact person is created directly within an existing organization, the contact person's grouping / number range is incorrect since the correct group for the contact person cannot be specified.
SAP S/4HANA Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Manage Business Partner Master Data App.
- Create a New Organization or choose an existing one.
- Create a Contact Person for this organisation.
- It is not possible to choose the grouping under which this contact person should be created.
Selection of grouping for Contact Person is currently not available in App Manage Business Partner Master Data.
To create a contact person, the following steps must be followed:
- Go to the Maintain Business Partner App.
- Create a business partner with type 'Person'.
- Assign the BP role 'Contact Person'.
- Choose the Grouping in which Contact Person should be created.
- Fill the data and save.
- Go to sub header 'Relationships' of this contact person BP.
- Create relationship 'Is Contact Person For' relationship to the Customer/Supplier BP. (Alternatively, the sub header 'Relationships' of the Customer/Supplier BP can be selected and relationship 'Has contact person' can be chosen for this contact person BP).
- Save this relationship.
Another Workaround is to
- Create a new Person via App Manage Business Partner Master Data.
- Choose the grouping under which this business partner should be created.
- During creation of an organisation contact person, select the above Business Partner which was created.
S4_PC, S4HC, contact, person, grouping, number, range, organisation, organization, BP, bp, customer, vendor, supplier, relationship, partner, function. , KBA , LO-MD-BP , Business Partners , LO-MD-FIO-CM , Fiori UI for Customer Master , LO-MD-FIO-VM , Fiori UI for Vendor Master , Problem