After updating Google Chrome to version 80 and above, the following error occurs when using any Live Data Connection in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC):
- "Response to preflight request doesn't pass access control check: No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource."
- "Possible causes: Third-party cookies are blocked, or CORS is not configured correctly. For more information, see our troubleshooting page."
- SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise)
- Google Chrome version 80 and above
- Microsoft Edge version 86 and above
Reproducing the Issue
- Log in to SAP Analytics Cloud.
- Open a story based on a Live Data Connection.
- After the rollout of Google Chrome versions 80 and above, Google has activated stricter cookie handling for the SameSite attribute. By default, SAP Applications such as HANA, BW, BW/4HANA and S/4HANA do not set the SameSite attribute, so as a result, user authentication to live data connections to these data sources will fail, causing stories to also fail (unable to retrieve data) based on these live data connection types.
- As of October 2020, this security setting applies to Microsoft Edge version 86 and above.
For more information, refer to the resources below:
- SAPAnalytics.cloud Blog - https://www.sapanalytics.cloud/direct-live-connections-in-sap-analytics-cloud-and-samesite-cookies/
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) - https://blogs.sap.com/2020/02/08/faq-samesite-cookie-and-direct-live-connections-in-sap-analytics-cloud/
- SAP Analytics Cloud Help - SameSite Cookie Configuration for Live Data Connections
*Important* - If you are facing the issue after the update of Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge Release 91, the Browser Side Solution (Flag disable method) listed in the SAP Note 2887651 below is no longer available.
To solve the problem caused by the change of web browser behavior, the back-end systems need to set the following two cookie attributes for all cookies:
For data source specific steps on how to set these cookie attributes, refer to the SAP Note 2887651 - Issues with SameSite cookie handling for the latest information.
- If you have no way to implement the rule set or if you have unencrypted HTTP and no way to change to HTTPS, you can revert the Chrome browser to its previous behavior by setting a browser policy. See Cookie Legacy SameSite Policies for details.
- As of February 2020, only Google Chrome version 80 and higher has implemented the SameSite=Lax default cookie setting.
- For SAP BusinessObjects Live Data Connect, please follow the resolution steps in KBA 2889975 - SAP BusinessObjects Live Data Connect and Google Chrome 80: connection failure
- SameSite Cookie Configuration for Live Data Connections
- How to fix Google Chrome SameSite Cookie issue with SAC and HANA XS
- 2889975 - SAP BusinessObjects Live Data Connect and Google Chrome 80-84: connection failure
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Search for SAP Analytics Cloud content using Google or Bing:
- Note: Add relevant text or warning/error messages to the text search field to filter results.
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Data Connections
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO, sapanalyticscloud, sap analytical cloud, sap analytical cloud, SAC, data sources, Cannot connect SAP Analytics Cloud with Hana Database when chrome update to version 80.0.3987.116 sac cookies chrome kba, release , KBA , in chrome 80 update , direct connections affected , [sac] - action required: all live direct , 2020 chrome 80 version update impact on , update impact on s , hana over live-connections in sac , haas live connection for sac impact goog , sac live connection connect to haas , hana on sapcp cloud foundry (cf) , chrome 80 version update impact on s , cloud systems(public and private) , s/4 hana cloud systems(public and privat , impacted due to chrome 80 upgrade , o scp neo and cf also impacted due to ch , sac chrome 80 , action required: all live direct connect , chrome 80 update , sac samesirte kba , hana live samesite , broken not working , hana live same site samesites broke , stability issue after chrome update , sac stability issue after chrome update , treat cookies as samesite=lax , samesite attribute is specified , sac live connection to bw not working wi , bw not working with chrome version 91 , sac third-party cookies are blocked kba , LOD-ANA-LDC , SAC Live Data Connection , LOD-ANA-PL , Planning , LOD-ANA-LDC-HAN , SAC Live Data Connection HANA , LOD-ANA-LDC-UNV , SAC Live Data Connection Universe , Problem