You execute the actual cost rollup run. After executing, error 'Valuation with cost estimate of production lot ABC failed'(ABC represents the ID of the production lot) occurs .
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Inventory Valuation work center.
- Go to Actual Cost Rollup view.
- Select the run in question and view Execution Details tab.
- Click on Execution ID in question.
- View Messages tab.
- You find error 'Valuation with cost estimate of production lot ABC failed'.
The costing for real cycle is not supported, meaning where the main product is input as well as output product. Costing is only supported when the input product is a byproduct as it is used in standard valuation.
The system behaves as designed.
In production lot ABC and the corresponding production confirmation(s), you can see that the output product is as well as the input product.
Actual cost rollup, Production lot , KBA , AP-ACC-IVB , Periodic Inventory Valuation , Problem