The following behavior occurs in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC):
- Model created based on this HANA view hierarchies label is not retrieved.
- HANA_View : a hierarchy exists with a given name, with the label and drill-down menu.
- SAC_Model : the same hierarchy, but the description is not correct, instead should get the label defined in HANA.
- SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise) 2020.02
- SAP HANA
Reproducing the Issue
- In SAP HANA views create hierarchies.
- Put labels for each hierarchies.
- In SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) while creating a model based on this HANA view observe that they don't retrieve hierarchies label, instead have it based on the name.
Expected behavior by design.
- In the modeling screen for remote models you can override the descriptions of the columns of HANA view.
- If there is no custom description for a column the input field shows the current column description as grey text.
- It is not possible to show or maintain hierarchy labels of HANA view for remote models.
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, , BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Unable,Sac,Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML,, sapanalyticscloud, sap analytical cloud, sap analytical cloud, SAC, HANA, model based on this HANA view, hierarchies, hierarchies of HANA view, label is not retrieved. , KBA , LOD-ANA-BI , Business Intelligence Functionality, Analytic Models , LOD-ANA-OEM , Embedded usage of SAP Analytics Cloud , Problem