After removing creation rights for users for Opportunities and Accounts, they can no longer use the 'Convert to' or 'Associate with' options within Leads.
They get the error " You are not authorized to perform this action".
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
Creation Rights for Accounts and Opportunities were disabled via Business role for user ABC.
- Login with user ABC.
- Go to the Home page quick create button.
- Select Account or Opportunity.
- The QC opens with the error: " You are not authorized to perform this action".
- Go to the Sales work centre.
- Go to the Leads view.
- Open any Lead with status open.
- Click any of the conversion options such as 'Convert to Opportunity'.
- You get the error: " You are not authorized to perform this action"
Converting leads to opportunity or to account is the action of creating an opportunity (or account) - therefore, having both yes and no cannot be achieved logically.
You cannot have 'create' = no but 'convert to' = yes.
The same is true for accounts (cannot have 'create' = no, but 'convert to'/ 'associate with' = yes).
If you want users to be able to use the 'Convert to' (ie: Opportunity) options on leads, they will need to have opportunity (and or account) creation rights.
Access Rights , KBA , LOD-CRM-OPP , Opportunity Management , LOD-CRM-ACC , Account , LOD-CRM-LM , Lead Management , How To