The value in the filter cannot be searched for a Calculation Dimension in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC)
- SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise) 2020.2.2
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a model contains very large data.
- Based on this model, create a story.
- In the story, add a crosstab to display the data from the model.
- Add a Calculated Dimension into this crosstab.
- Now add Page filter based on one normal dimension and this Calculation Dimension.
- Try to search a value in the filter.
- Note that, for Calculation Dimension, the search didn't return data. While this search works well for the normal dimension.
This issue is currently a product limitation.
- For normal dimension, the back-end server search is enabled. Therefore there is no limit for the data displayed in the filter. And user is also able to search any value inside the filter.
- However for Calculation Dimension, the back-end server search is not implemented. The search scope will be limited to the first 4000 values. Therefore, for the data which is not in the list of first 4000 data, the search will return no data.
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO, sapanalyticscloud, sap analytical cloud, sap analytical cloud, SAC , KBA , LOD-ANA-BI , Business Intelligence Functionality, Analytic Models , Problem