- Is it possible to download or view a file on the SFTP with an absolute path or direct URL?
- Unable to download a file on the SFTP with a direct URL.
- Cannot view a file on the SFTP with its absolute path. Receiving the following error:
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
SAP SuccessFactors Learning
Reproducing the Issue
- Log into the SFTP.
- Enter a direct link for a file into your browser, such as https://sftp8.sapsf.com/#/REPORTS/UserItemHistoryAuditCSV.csv for example.
- You then receive the message "Operation Failed: You do not have the required permissions to perform this operation."
- The SFTP uses CIFS shares to store the files, so the files are not stored on the server itself.
- The SFTP is not designed for to read and download files using direct URL's. It's a platform to upload and store the files on the storage - this is why there isn't any read option button in the user interface.
Please download your files on the SFTP by navigating to the folder it is stored in and click the file name in order to download it.
KBA 2187183 - SFTP Standards
SFTP, Operation Failed, SFTP Direct URL, SFTP Absolute Path, required permissions, , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-SER , Config. Consulting & Service Requests , LOD-SF-LMS , Learning Management System , LOD-SF-PLT , Platform Foundational Capabilities , How To