- Trace flag 11013 must be enabled to encounter this issue.
- ASE is configured for "Statement Cache".
- A large batch with large number of insert/update statements failed.
- The following error reports in the errorlog when trace flag 3687 is enable:
kernel stack overflow first chance handler for task 49089076 at line 4453 in file /ase160sp03pl07x/SMP/porttree/svr/sql/generic/source/sequencer/s_stmtcache.c, current top of stack: 0x19d65c028. Cleanup will be attempted
- The following error reports to the client:
Error 3626, Level 17, State 1
The transaction was aborted because it used too much stack space. Either use
sp_configure to increase the stack size, or break the query into smaller pieces.
spid: %d, suid: %d, hostname: %.*s, application name: %.*s
- Adaptive Server Enterprise 16.0 SP03 PL04
- Adaptive Server Enterprise 16.0 SP02 PL08
- Adaptive Server Enterprise 15.7 SP141
SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise 15.7 ; SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise 16.0
KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.