The following behavior occurs in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC):
- Variable does not filter data in the story.
- Data is not filtered after setting a variable in the model.
SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise) 2020.2.3
Reproducing the Issue
- Logon to SAC tenant.
- Open a model.
- Set a variable (e.g. year).
- Save the model.
- Create a story based on the model.
- A pop-up window appears about applying variable.
- Create a table.
- Notice the variable you set in the model does not filtering the data.
This is a by design behavior.
The purpose of variables is the usage in formulas and not for filtering. "Defining Variables" is a subsection of "Formulas and Calculations" in the Help Guide.
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO, sapanalyticscloud, sap analytical cloud, sap analytical cloud, SAC , KBA , LOD-ANA-BI , Business Intelligence Functionality, Analytic Models , LOD-ANA-AQU , Import Data Connections (Acquiring Data) , LOD-ANA-DES , Story Design & Visualizations , Bug Filed