- Failed to refresh import jobs in the model after user or password changed in datasource system in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC).
- When refreshing the import job, the old user and password is used while connecting from SAC to the underlying data source system.
- SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise)
- Models on any imported connections.
Reproducing the Issue
- Create an Acquire Data connection of SAP BW.
- Create a model on this import BW connection.
- Confirm import job successfully finished.
- Change the user and password in BW system.
- Update the same in the Acquire Data BW connection in SAC tenant.
- Try to run refresh job again and it returns error message:
Error: Query view instantiation failed: name or password is incorrect.
The metadata of the query is not updated after making the change in the import BW connection.
To update the metadata please refer to the following steps:
- Open the model and navigate to Data Management.
- Select the import job with issue and click Edit Query.
- Confirm that the query is connecting to the data source system successfully, save the query.
- After saving the query then the metadata should be updated.
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Search for SAP Analytics Cloud content using Google or Bing:
- Note: Add relevant text or warning/error messages to the text search field to filter results.
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO, sapanalyticscloud, sap analytical cloud, sap analytical cloud, SAC, Import Data connection refresh error, Our models getting error message when we try to refresh. , KBA , when the user (who has create the query) , change his password the data can’t be r , data cannot can't be refresh refreshes r , refreshed , LOD-ANA-AQU , Import Data Connections (Acquiring Data) , Problem