You are trying to enter the Tax Number in a Business Partner Account, but the system throws the following error message, even though the number is correct.
"RFC not valid"
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Account Management work center.
- Go to Accounts view.
- Open the the Business Partner account.
- Go to View All mode.
- Under Financial Data tab, access Tax Data subtab.
- Add Row for Tax Numbers.
- Enter the respective country.
- Enter Tax Number Type: RFC.
- Enter the Tax Number.
When you save changes, the error message appears.
The account in question is maintained as a private account, and the RFC numbers that are being maintained have a length of 12 characters, which does not correspond. Either Tax Number or Type of Account need to be corrected.
The RFC tax number is as follows:
- For private accounts, the RFC numbers must have a length of 13 characters.
- For corporate accounts, the RFC numbers must have a length of 12 characters.
Business Partner Account, RFC, Tax Number. , KBA , SRD-FIN-GLO-TAX , GLO - Tax Declaration , How To