A planning model with currency conversion enabled does not show any currency conversion regardless of the currency chosen in a story
An alternate symptom is that some account members show currency conversion while others do not
Other models on the same tenant may work as expected using the same currency conversion table as the problematic model
There are no error Messages
All the currency rates are maintained
- SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise) 2019.21
Reproducing the Issue
Create a planning model with currency conversion enabled
Assign an Account dimension where dimension members
This issue occurs if:
- there is no rate type specified for account dimension members. For instance you may not wish to specify a rate type if all the data being imported is already normalized and you do not wish to have any sign reversal on the data
- AND the "Units & Currencies" column is blank.
In this case the code logic of SAC considers the dimension members as NFIN (non-financial) and does not apply any currency conversion.
For this use-case the solution is to add the CURRENCY value to the "Units & Currencies" column for SAC logic to consider the account members as financial data and apply the currency conversion
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- 2851317 - Where can I find more information on SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) for Planning features and documentation?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Sac, Acquisition, Model, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working , KBA , LOD-ANA-PL , Planning , Problem