- You are using Integration Center and notice Japanese characters are counted as BYTE not CHARACTER
- You experience errors similar to the following "Maximum length limit exceeded for field [field name]: actual length:XXX; maximum length:XXX"
- Integration Center
Reproducing the Issue
- Use Integration Center to import a CSV file
- System shows Warning message: "Maximum length limit exceeded for field [field name]: actual length:XXX; maximum lengh:XXX"
- Using "firstName" as an example, this would have 51 Japanese characters, however the length count in Integration Center is 153
The possibility of changing the current logic has been considered, but rejected for now, as it has been in place since the original design of the application
Please submit an enhancement request for future releases of the Product
As a workaround, please consider updating your data model's configuration, by increasing the max length of the field limit
2396686 - We can't put over 42 Chinese/Japanese Characters in nickname field
2281168 - How to create Enhancement Request for SuccessFactors Integrations
Maximum length limit exceeded, Integration Center, IC, Japanese characters, byte, character , KBA , LOD-SF-INT-INC , Integration Center , LOD-SF-INT-ODATA , OData API Framework , How To