You have noticed that the Valuation View in your Business Configuration has wrong Accounting Principle assigned to it, but you cannot remove it, because the following error messages appear when you try to delete it.
- "No Valuation Views may be unassigned from Accounting Principle"
- "Accounting principle already assigned to a set of books"
- "At least one Fixed Asset using this Set of Books already exists"
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Enter Business Configuration work center.
- Access Overview view.
- Search for Fixed Assets Valuation View activity.
- Select the Valuation View.
- Go to Assignment to Accounting Principle tab.
You see that the Accounting Principle maintained is wrong and try to change it, but the error messages appear.
You already have Fixed Assets for the Valuation Views. Hence, they cannot be deleted from Accounting Principle, not even from backend, as it would lead to inconsistencies in previous postings of the system.
This is expected system behavior as the Accounting Principle has already been used for postings.
You can see further information on Help Document Configuration: Fixed Assets Valuation Views
Accounting Principle, Valuation View. , KBA , SRD-FIN-FA , Fixed Assets , AP-ACC , Business ByDesign: Financial Accounting , How To