While cofirming the production task, the value entered in the Confirmed Quantity field does not match with the value in Planned Quantity and Open Quantity field of input products as per ratio maintained in the Bill of Materials. It is assumed that the Confirmation Method used is Backflush.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Production Control work center.
- Navigate to the Production Task view.
- Search and select the relevant production task.
- Choose the Confirm button.
- In the confirm screen enter a value in the field Confirmed Quantity.
- You see that the value updated by the system in Planned Quantity and Open Quantity field in General tab under Input Products sub-tab does not match the ratio of output and input product maintained in BoM.
You have maintained Production Scrap value in the relevant production model. If you maintain production scrap of 10% in the production model the system will propose to produce 10% more of the ordered quantity to take in account if the output product that could be scrapped.
If you choose to remove Production Scrap value for an existing production model, follow below given steps.
- Go to Planning and Production Master Data work center.
- Navigate to the Production Model work center.
- Search and select the Production Model for which you need to remove the Production Scrap value.
- Choose the Edit button.
- Select General tab and remove the value in Production Scrap percentage field.
- Check Consistency of the model, Save it and Release the model for planning and execution.
Incorrect quantity input production ByD, ByD Production Input Quantity Error, system re-calculates input product quantity, output and input quantity mismatch production, ByD, Business ByDesign production quantity error , KBA , byd production error , scrap percentage quantity mismatch , AP-PE-TSK , Production Task , Problem