You have defined the material flow rule for a Warehouse Location (Logistics Area) with the Source Determination based on the type Minimum Movements. You created a Sales Order and tried to post Goods Issue against this Demand. However, when you click the Post Goods Issue button, the system shows several warning messages and it does not propose a Source Logistics Area even though you have enough quantity of the Material in several Logistics Areas.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to the Outbound Logistics work center.
- Go to the Delivery Proposals view.
- Find the relevant Sales Order and select the corresponding Delivery Request.
- Click the button Post Goods Issue.
- In the Create Outbound Delivery and Goods Issue window, you can see the following warning messages triggered:
- Action processed with warnings.
- -----> Determination of source inventory failed for product XYZ (XYZ represent the Product ID).
- ----------> Inventory in logistics area not available.
You are getting the error messages while doing Post Goods Issue, because you have not maintained the relevant Logistics Area as Inventory Managed.
- Go to the Supply Chain Design Master Data work center and then to the Locations view.
- Now expand the relevant Site and then select the Line Item for the affected Location and choose the Edit Layout button.
- In the new screen, select the relevant Logistics Area and then in the General tab, you can find the field "Inventory-Managed".
- Mark this checkbox and then select the Save button.
- Now this Logistics Area becomes Inventory Managed and you can carry on the Post Goods Issue.
Material Flow Rules, Post Goods Issue, Inventory Managed , KBA , AP-SLP , Site Logistics Processing , AP-ODP , Outbound Delivery Processing , How To