You have created a Down Payment Request ABC (where ABC stands for Down Payment Request) for a Sales Order EFG (where EFG stands for Sales Order) multiple times and the amount has exceeded the Sales Order EFG.
You want to make control over the amount of the Down Payment Request ABC that can make it not exceed the amount of the Sales Order EFG.
SAP Business Bydesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Sales Orders Work Center
- Select Sales Orders EFG
- Click the Creat Down Payment button
- In the Amount field of Create Down Payment Request view, you maintain the value as XXX (where XXX stands for Amount greater than the Total amount of Sales Order EFG)
- Click OK button
- The Down Payment Request ABC is created.
- Go to Customer Invoicing Work Center, Invoice Requests View
- Select the Down Payment Request ABC
- Click Invoice button
- Click Release button
- The Customer Invoice GHI (where DEF stands for Customer Invoice) is created.
No error during the process for creating the Down Payment Request of which the amount is greater than the Sales Order.
You can't control the amount of the Down Payment Request.
There is no limit on the amount of advance payment. The excess amount can be used for the liquidation of the next transaction.
This is the standard system behavior.
Down Payment Request, Sales Order, Amount , KBA , AP-CI , Customer Invoice Processing , How To