The description of a dimension member ID # is changed back to Unassigned automatically after importing model data in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC).
- SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise)
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a new model including generic dimension.
- Open the generic dimension and there's one row "member id = # and Description = Unassigned" by default.
- Change the description from Unassigned to any other value(e.g. change to Test).
- Save the model.
- Click on Data Management and draft a new datasource to this model.
- Configure dimension and measure mapping then it will start to import the data automatically.
- After data imported check the description of member #, it changed back to Unassigned automatically.
This is expected behavior due to a feature designed to deal with undefined data.
- Fill empty ID cells with the "#" (unassigned) value.
To avoid this behavior, uncheck Fill empty ID cells with the "#" value while importing the data to the model.
This option can be found in Mapping Options > View All Options.
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- 2511489 - Troubleshooting performance issues in SAP Analytics Cloud
- Search for SAP Analytics Cloud content using Google or Bing:
- Note: Add relevant text or warning/error messages to the text search field to filter results.
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Data Connections
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO, sapanalyticscloud, sap analytical cloud, sap analytical cloud, SAC , KBA , LOD-ANA-AQU , Import Data Connections (Acquiring Data) , LOD-ANA-DE , SAC Data Wrangling , Problem