- ASE Server shutdown or crash without having the possibility to CHECK IN its licenses.
- The license system is using a "served model" (refer to KBA : 2508351 - How to confirm the served license or the unserved license from the license file ?)
- When trying to restart the ASE Server on a failover host that replaces the host that is down, the following messages is reported:
SySAM: Using licenses from: /<ASE_install_dir_path>/16.0/SYSAM-2_0/licenses/<license_file_name>.lic
SySAM: Checked out graced license for 48 ASE_CORE (9999.12310/permanent/XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX) will expire <expiration_date>.
SySAM: Failed to obtain license(s) for ASE_CORE feature from License Server <served_license_port_number>@<served_license_machine_name>.
SySAM: Insufficient ASE_CORE CPU licenses. ASE requires 48 ASE_CORE ("CP") CPU licenses for use on this machine but only 1 could be obtained. Check whether additional licenses are available at the SAP Support Portal.
SySAM: License feature name: ASE_CORE
SySAM: License search path: /<ASE_install_dir_path>/16.0/SYSAM-2_0/licenses/<license_file_name>.lic
SySAM: FlexNet Licensing error:-4,132
Error: 131274, Severity: 17, State: 1
SySAM: WARNING: ASE will shutdown on <expiration_date>, unless a suitable ASE_CORE license is obtained before that date.
- This ASE Server started on the failover host can fail to boot or boot in grace period due to unsufficient number of licenses. It is not able to re-use the licenses of the previous ASE Server.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7
- Other SYSAM enabled products
grace period, sysam, error:-4,132, Failed to obtain license, License Server, insufficient, CPU licenses, heartbeats, Checked out license , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.