You are creating a new bank to bank transfer, however you receive an error when posting the payment.
SAP Business ByDesign.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Liquidity Management work center.
- Under Common Tasks, click to create a new Bank to Bank Transfer.
- Fill in the required information and click Preview.
The following errors are raised:
- G12 is not a valid value for this field. Enter a valid value
- Action failed
The error is being raised since the template group for bank to bank transfers (G12) is missing.
You can see that the template group is not available via below steps:
- Go to Application and User Management work center.
- Go to Form Template Maintenance view.
- Search for template group for bank to bank transfer.
In order to make this template available, you need to scope the related question for Payment Forms in the scope of your implementation projects, as follows:
- Go to Business Configuration work center.
- Go to Implementation Projects.
- Open the project scope and navigate to step 4 - Questions.
- Expand Cash Flow Management -> Payment and Liquidity Management and click Communication for Payment and Liquidity.
Within this element, you find the related question 'You can print and send bank-to-bank transfer documents'.
Once this is scoped, the template group G12 becomes available under Application and user Management -> Form Template Maintenance and the error shall not happen upon clicking preview.
Form Template. Bank to Bank Transfer. Payment Management. , KBA , SRD-FIN-CLM , Cash and Liquity Managment , How To