It is heavily recommended to upgrade to LUC 3.x for Full Support and for a much simpler deployment process.
- SAP Live Data Connection to BI Universe caches the data in SAP Analytics Cloud
- SAP Live Data Connection to BI Universe does not return the "live" data when the story is opened at the second time
- SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise) 2020
- Live Data Connection to SAP BI Platform Universe 2.x or 3.x
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a SAC story based on the Live Data Connection to BI Universe (LUC)
- Open the story in SAC, and it hits the backend database and the live data is presented
- Close the story, and change the data at the backend database
- Open the story again, and it nows does not hit the backend database and live data is not returned.
This behavior is be design.
You can use one of following ways to change the behavior:
- Click Refresh button when viewing the storty. It will return live data.
- Decrease the property value of lde.sessiontimeout in boe.properties file of BOE Live Data Connect. The default value is 1200 (seconds). When the session is timed out, the cache is cleared so you will get live data.
- Set the charts, tables, and geomaps to automatically refresh in a story. From Data section on the story toolbar main menu, select Refresh and then select Configure Auto Refresh. On the Configure Auto Refresh screen, select the Enable Auto Refresh option. Enter a refresh interval and select the interval. The story will auto refresh with live data at the interval you set. Note: Auto Refresh will cause increased load to the server the data is hosted on.
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO, sapanalyticscloud, sap analytical cloud, sap analytical cloud, SAC, LUC, freshed , KBA , LOD-ANA-BI , Business Intelligence Functionality, Analytic Models , Problem