During journal entry simulation for supplier invoice ABC, which contains retainage payment type, no postings are done in the retainage account (Reconciliation Account) for the retainage percentage.
ABC means the supplier invoice ID.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Supplier Invoicing work center.
- Go to the Invoices and Credit Memos view.
- Open Invoice ABC (invoice containing Retainage payment type, for example, 5%).
- Click Actions > Simulate Journal Entry.
- Notice that no postings are done to the retainage account (Reconciliation Account) to represent the 5% retainage.
During journal entry simulation, a second journal entry containing the retainage posting (to the Retainage Reconciliation Account) is not created.
This second journal entry (journal entry type 00092 - Repost/Split of Open Items) is only created when the invoice is posted.
In this way, when the invoice is posted, two journal entries are created:
- Journal Entry of type 00023 - Supplier Invoice
- Journal Entry of type 00092 - Repost/Split of Open Items (containing the retainage postings)
The system behaves as expected in this case.
retainage; installment; supplier invoice; payment type; journal entry; journal entry simulation; reconciliation account , KBA , retainage , payment type , installment , supplier invoice , journal entry simulation , journal entry , reconciliation account , AP-ACC , Business ByDesign: Financial Accounting , Product Enhancement