- When I try to complete the Onboarding or Offboarding process I get a timestamp error
- "An error has occurred.
Please return to the home page to continue accessing your account. If the error still appears, close the browser and re-start Onboarding. Error Time Stamp:20200110054008."
- Logs: Database update failed. --> Cannot set column 'Value'. The value violates the MaxLength limit of this column.
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP SuccessFactors Onboarding 1.0
Reproducing the Issue
- Logon to Onboarding
- Complete the process
- Click next on a panel or submit the process
- error displays
There are numerous causes for this issue, for this particular case it is that the Max Length of the text field is set to 1000 and the key is used as an Index field in Super Admin
- The Max Length of an Index Field is 300
- By using the Key as an Index field in Super Admin > Processes > Click on Index Fields beside Process
- You're Contradicting what you want on the panel to the Index Fields logic
- I suggest either using a key that is not an Index Field on the panel or Deleting the current key as Index Field
Database update failed. --> Cannot set column 'Value'. The value violates the MaxLength limit of this column. Panels, error, process, Onboarding , KBA , LOD-SF-OBD-OFF , Offboarding , Problem