- Connections on the DR secondary server of SAP ASE HADR setup, assume status: 'MAINTENANCE TOKEN' cmd and go into a stagnant state.
- These connections do not clear on their own. They keep on accumulating and acquiring new such connections.
- ASE runs out of connections as a result. Error 1601 is received in the ASE errorlog:
Error: 1601, Severity: 17, State: 3 There are not enough 'user connections' available to start a new process. Retry when there are fewer active users, or ask your System Administrator to reconfigure ASE with more user connections
- Following stacktrace error is reported in the ASE error log:
Current process (0x0) infected with signal 11 (SIGSEGV)
Current Process is running on a Non-Engine Thread
kernel Address 0x0x0000000002434e72 (np__connect_cb+0x22)
Run to completion task 'CtlibController' exiting
Run to completion task 0x0(0) exception 11
kernel pc: 0x0000000001534691 nthrd_backtrace+0x3b()
kernel pc: 0x0000000001559353 krtctskException+0xc4()
kernel pc: 0x000000000156144e kisignal+0xa12()
kernel pc: 0x00000000024354c2 np__connect_cb+0x22()
kernel pc: 0x00000000024586d6 sybnet__async_poll+0x346()
Run to completion task 'CtlibController' exiting.
- Above errors may also occur on the Primary ASE resulting an unplanned failover
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise 16.0 SP03 PL07 (ASE)
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise 16.0 SP03 PL07 for Business Suite
- SAP Replication Server (SRS) 16.0 SP03 PL07
- High Availability Disaster Recovery (HADR)
np__connect_cb, "maintenance token", MAINT TOKEN, 1601, user connections, 820657, CR820657, CR#820657, SEGV, sybnet__async_poll, SIGSEGV, fault, segfault, kisignal, stacktrace, stack, registers, CtlibController, 821749, CR821748, CR#821748, SRS, HADR , KBA , BC-SYB-REP-SAP , Replication with SAP Suite / SAP BW , BC-DB-SYB , Business Suite on Adaptive Server Enterprise , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , BC-SYB-REP , Sybase Replication Server (standalone) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.