Data Copy Action or Cross Model Copy Action after finishing execution will have limited data being copied to the desired data region.
SAP Analytics Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
- Create data copy action and select an aggregated/calculated account as a source data
- run the data action
- only some of the data or even no data is copied
This is by design of the product.
The mapping section for data action will have mapped dimension members drilled only, which is similar to the dimension members chosen on axis of a table. The members or dimension without a mapping will be aggregated, same as the dimensions not chosen in a table.
This means the data action will only find data values available at a defined drill state. For data entered manually, the data is store with details and are always in effect no matter whether the member is in the current drill state. However for calculated/aggregated data, they are only done for the current drill state and never stored in the model. Therefore if the member is not in a drill state, its calculated/aggregated data is not calculated and thus not retrivable by data action.
Below is one exmaple of the logic:
Consider account dimension with 3 members, A,B and C, with hierarchy configured as C,B are children of A.
If one user enter data manually for C and B, A will be aggregated no matter whether B and C are displayed in the table. (a.k.a current drill state)
If C and B are generated with formula, A will only be aggregated when C or B are in the current drill state, and will be a sum of displayed members.
If A has some calculated data and has a allocation maintained to B and C, data for B and C will only be there if B and C are in the current drill state.
Define the mapping in data action carefully to drill the desired data.
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Sac, Acquisition, Model, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working , KBA , LOD-ANA-PL , Planning , How To