You checked the key figure Item Quantity in the standard data source Opportunity Quantity Schedule (technical ID CODOPPRQ) and noticed it is displaying an incorrect value.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Work Center Business Analytics and the View Design Data Sources.
- Show all data sources and search for data source Opportunity Quantity Schedule (ID CODOPPRQ).
- Open the Preview for the data source
- Enter ABC for characteristic Opportunity ID and run the data source (ABC stands for the opportunity ID you would like to check in this data source).
- Check the value for key figure Item Quantity and you will notice it shows a different value then in the Opportunity itself.
This specific data source involves different nodes of the business object Opportunity. The key figure Item Quantity is using a subnode to retrieve data, which may have more than 1 entry per node. As a result, the key figure value may be multiplied. This setup is required for technical reasons and it is the correct behavior.
You can check the value in the Counter key figure for this opportunity. If the value is more than 1, the key figure value for Item Quantity is aggregated. You can also check this by adding another characteristic from this node, for example characteristic Quantity Plan Distribution Date. This will show each single value.
You can use characteristic Item Quantity instead, as for characteristics the system does not do an aggregation. The aggregated values will only be shown for key figures.
key figure value; Item Quantity; incorrect value; data source value; opportunity , KBA , item quantity , key figure , opportunity quantity schedule , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , LOD-LE-OPP , Opportunity processing , Problem