There is a customer contract ABC created from contract template, but you find the items in the contract template are not copied into the contract. Also, you find it is possible to manually enter these items into the contract ABC. Why these items are not copied from contract template into the contract ABC?
(ABC represents the ID of a customer contract and XYZ represents the ID and a contract template.)
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales Orders work center.
- Go to the Sales Orders view.
- Open one sales order and go to the Document Flow tab, contract ABC was created as follow-up document from the sales order.
- Open Contract ABC, in Items tab, there is no item.
- Go to the Document Flow tab, you can see the contract was created based on contract template XYZ. Open this template, there are items maintained.
You are wondering, why the items in the contract template XYZ are not copied into the contract ABC.
In the contract ABC, the price-in is Gross, this is determined based on the Default Gross Pricing settings in configuration activity:Configure Price Strategy.
While in the contract template, there is no Price-In indicator, it only supports Net. The items in the contract template are therefore using Net Pricing.
Hence, when the contract ABC created with Gross price-in, the items (using Net Pricing) are not copied. You are able to manually enter these items into the contact ABC and maintain gross price for them.
This is the current system designed behavior.
KBA 2854031 - How Contract Works with Different Item Types
contract template; customer contract; Price-In; Net; Gross , KBA , SRD-CRM-ORD , Orders & Contracts , How To