Users are unable to login using SSO or PWD method.
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
You have configured an user to login as SSO or PWD
When this user attempt to login into SuccessFactors, they are not able to
If the user is set as PWD, the system is trying to login as SSO
If the user is set as SSO, the login doens't work
If you currently have (or had) HRIS SYNC running, it could be that your Data Model has a configuration that is causing this issue.
You are probably seeing this behavior because of HRIS configuration that you have in place for Login Method field (see below). Because HRIS sync is always running, the data might be changed without you even noticing. We would suggest you to stop the login method update in HRIS sync.
HRIS mapping that needs to be removed:
To remove the HRIS mapping you will need to:
- Login into SuccessFactors
- Go to Admin Center > Manage Business Configuration
- Expand HRIS Elements
- Find the element and field that has the mapping
- Delete the mapping
Now to fix the data, you will need to re-import the user data file. For that you will need to do the below:
- Go to Admin Center -> Employee Export;
- Export the user data file;
- Save a copy of the file to be re-imported later.
- Change the login method for the users facing issue and import changed file (if user was PWD, make it SSO, if SSO make it PWD);
- Wait for the above import to be completed and then re-import the saved copy with no changes.
The above is needed as to correct the data you need to import a different login method to trigger a change on the database, then you just change back to the wanted login method.
After the remove of the HRIS mapping and re-import, your users should be able to login as usual.
For more info on HRIS Sync, please refer to KBA: 2172427 - HRIS Sync - Data Synchronization From EC to EP - Hard Coded Sync Mappings
new hires unable to login, error to login, issue, failing , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-SEL , SSO Errors & Logs , LOD-SF-PLT-LPG , Log In Page Issues (Non SSO) , Problem