You are using a Third Party to manage your Warehouse and have set up a Communication Arrangement to enhance communication between your system and that of your Warehouse Provider. However, when your Warehouse Provider sends an Inbound Message of the type "Process Inbound Delivery Execution Confirmation" to your ByD system to create and confirm the Inbound Delivery, the system does not process the message and triggers a content error. If you open the Message Details, the system shows the following message: "Missing parameter RecipientParty", "Invalid Internal ID".
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to the Third-Party Logistics work center.
- Go to Common Tasks and select Business Communication Monitoring.
- If you filter for Business Document: Inbound Delivery, Operation: Process Inbound Delivery Execution Confirmation, you can see the relevant Incoming Message with the status Content Error.
- Select the Message and go to the General tab.
- You can see the Status Information: Errors reported by application: "Invalid Internal ID", "Error while processing inbound B2B communication".
- Go to the Message Details tab.
- You can see also: Missing parameter RecipientParty, Invalid Internal ID.
- And if you go to the History tab, you can also see the information: Errors reported by application: "Invalid Internal ID", "Error while processing inbound B2B communication".
The system cannot determine the Sender of the Message as the SenderParty information is missing in the Payload and you have also not maintained Identification information in the Business Partner Master Data of the Warehouse Provider.
If the SenderParty information is not sent in the IDEC (Inbound Delivery Execution Confirmation) payload Message Header section, then the system tries to identify the sender of the message based on the user specified for IDEC Inbound Service in the Communication Arrangement for Third-Party Logistics Integration with your Warehouse Provider.
However, in this scenario, for the system to correctly determine the Sender Party, some identification information, for example Data Universal Numbering System ID (DUNS) or Global Location Number (GLN) must be maintained in the Warehouse Provider's Business Partner master data. And if this is not available, the system returns the error "Invalid Internal ID".
About the other error message, "Missing parameter RecipientParty", this refers to the missing RecipientParty in the Message Header section of the payload. This is however a warning, not an error.
You can either maintain valid identification in the master data as mentioned above, or ensure your Warehouse Provider includes the SenderParty information in the payload itself.
Invalid, Internal ID, Error, inbound, B2B, communication, Content, Inbound, Delivery, Execution, Confirmation, IDEC, 3PL , KBA , AP-IDP-ID , Inbound Delivery , AP-IDP , Inbound Delivery Processing , Problem