- Where is 'this' field in Advanced Reporting?
- Which table holds 'this' field?
- How does the field search work?
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- Online Report Designer / Report - Canvas: Advanced reporting
Advanced Reporting is extensive and almost non-exhaustive when it comes to fields, tables, their joins and navigation.
The location of a certain field will depend on various parameters, most importantly the original object / portlet that holds the field and the way the current table you are using is related to the original object.
Hence you might have to use the search option to locate the field's position.
The search option is pretty straight forward to use.
- Enter the name of the field you are looking for
- Click the search icon or hit 'Enter' in your keyboard, keeping your cursor / selection in the search field
- Once the search results are displayed, click the field from the join you think is the most appropriate
Points to consider while using this feature:
- Clicking the field from the search results will NOT automatically add the field to the report.
It will just take you to the navigation path of the field so that you can review the relationship (joins) and then add the field if everything looks fine.
- If you do not want to continue with a specific location of the field, you could just rerun the search.
- Rerunning the search for the same field will yield results instantly since the results from the previous search or stored in the user's session
- The search is not case sensitive
- The time taken for the search results will depend on the configuration in the instance and it does take a few minutes even for instances with simpler configuration since the tool has to search through the instance's entire metadata for all possible matches
- Using multiple search phrases is not recommended as it results in more complex searches resulting in timeouts in most cases.
search, find, locate, field, column, name, Advanced, Reporting, REALMS, ODS, EC, not, missing, where, location, relationship, join , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA-ADV , Advanced Reporting (ODS) , How To