- "MDF Export Job failed due to ExportConfig is null" error message when attempting to export or import an object definition.
- Whenever trying to use the import and export option it gives errors for both
- SAP SuccessFactors HXC Suite
- Metadata Framework (MDF)
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to 'Import and Export Data'
- Export or import an object definition
- Navigate to 'Monitor Jobs' and note that the job failed
This issue is caused due to the delay in MDF Data Model refresh. In order to sync the new changes as and when a certain feature with dependency on MDF is enabled, run the MDF Object Definition to DB Sync job.
In order to fix this, you will need to contact an Implementation Partner or SAP Cloud Product Support team. The resolution requires a Sync procedure to be performed on the MDF framework with the database.
For Partners and SAP Cloud Product Support ONLY:
This only solves the following Splunk errors:
MDF Export Job failed due to ExportConfig is null. com.successfactors.sca.ServiceApplicationException: ExportConfig is null.
If above is found on the logs, please run sync job to resolve this issue:
- Login into provisioning
- Go to Manage Scheduled Jobs page
- Select MDF Object Definition To DB SYNC from dropdown
If this job does not exist, then create it.
- Click run it now button on action tab to execute the job
- Once the job is completed, go to Provisioning
- Under MDF Cache Tool, click Clear cache
- Clear MDF cache
import mdf, export mdf, import job, export job, exportconfig , KBA , LOD-SF-MDF-IMP , Import and Export Issues , Problem