You are using the In-House Repair scenario, and have repaired the Customer Return Product. Now you want to ship it back to the customer and so, from the Customer Return, you requested Outbound Delivery. However, the system did not create an Outbound Delivery.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales Orders work center.
- Navigate to the Returns view.
- Search for the relevant Customer Return document, select it and choose the Edit button.
- In the Edit screen, choose the Request Outbound Delivery button.
- After you have performed the above mentioned steps, you expect the system to create the Outbound Delivery, related to the above Return but this is not the case.
The Outbound Delivery will not be created with the Request Outbound Delivery button selected. The system only initiates the creation of the Outbound Delivery process by creating a new Delivery Proposal. You will have to create the Outbound Delivery from the new Delivery Proposal generated for the Customer Return. This is the expected system behavior.
- Go to the Outbound Logistics work center.
- Navigate to the Delivery Control: Delivery Proposals view.
- In the field Show, select Return to Customer Proposals, enter the relevant Return ID in the Find field and choose the Go button.
- The system will display the Delivery Request ID which is created against the Customer Return.
- Depending on your business settings and requirement, you can now create a Warehouse Request (if you are working with Warehouse Tasks), do a Post Goods Issue (if you are not working with Warehouse Task) or create the Outbound Delivery document by selecting the respective button.
Return to Customer Proposals, Request Outbound Delivery , KBA , AP-ODP , Outbound Delivery Processing , AP-CRP , Customer Return Processing , How To