You have created a purchase order with item type 'Limit', so the process type automatically becomes Direct, and gives option to select only service items under Product ID field but you want to specify a material product id in the limit purchase order.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Purchase Requests and Orders work center
- Select option: New Purchase Order under Common Tasks view
- Navigate to Items tab and add row
- Select item Type as Limit
- The process type automatically changes to Direct
- Now if you open the value help under Product ID, system gives option to select only Service item and not material.
The concept of limit item is that it is used when you do not know the details of the product you want, So, system expects you to enter only a description and the limit value. When you receive the item, then you create a delivery document where you specify the details. The Direct process type is applicable only for service/expense items. Hence, system shows only these items under product id value help in the order.
If you want to specify a material in limit PO, create a PO acknowledgment document where a sub-item can be created for this limit item by clicking the option "Specify Items for Limit". Here, you can specify the details of the material/service items to the limit item. This will be updated in related Purchase Order automatically.
Limit Purchase Order, Limit PO, Item Type, Process Type, Acknowledgment, to-stock, non-stock, Product ID , KBA , limit purchase order , item type , po acknowledgement , to-stock, non-stock , product id , AP-POP-PO , Purchase Order , How To