- When import the UDF (employee import) with HR field blank, it automatically populates as "No_HR", overwritten previous value;
- When importing with HR field as "No_HR_Manager", it changes to "No_HR";
- When importing with the HR field with other value than a valid user ID or "No_HR", some inconsistency is created on the field for the user.
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Admin Center;
- Go to Employee Import (or Employee Data Import for EC customers);
- Only for EC customers, select Basic Import on Select an entity dropdown;
- Choose the file and trigger the import.
HR field is suppose to just be imported with a valid user ID or "NO_HR" values only, the last in cases where the user does not have an HR representative for some business reason.
First of all, it is strongly advised to before import any file manually to first validate the file by clicking on Validate Import File Data button and correct any error or warnings provided on the validation.
On the file that you are importing, you need to assure that on the HR field you just have valid users or NO_HR.
In cases where you are updating an user and you do not want to change the field value, you need to import with the same value (blank is not considered as no change needed).
What is advised is to do the changes over a file recently exported from the instance, so that you have the data that is already on the instance on the file.
Bizx employee import hr manager , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-UIM , Employee Import Issues , Problem