- After a planned failover from primary (ie SRVDB1) to secondary (ie SRVDB2), hostname in SAP Netweaver System Status menu is showing in hostname the secondary (SRVDB2), which is correct. But after connecting the former primary (SRVDB1) as a secondary, and doing a failback to have SRVDB1 again primary, and SRVDB2 again secondary, the System > Status > hostname is still displaying SRVDB2, which should be SRVDB1.
- Checking the work process trace, we can see that the server has connected to the primary SRVDB1. Resetting hostname buffer doesn't make any difference and the issue can only be solved by PAS restart.
- These environment variables are correctly configured: dbs_syb_server=<primary hostname>:<standby hostname> and dbs_syb_ha = 1 (refer to SAP Note 1891560 - SYB: Disaster Recovery Setup with SAP Replication Server)
- Behavior might be randomly reproduced.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 for Business Suite
- SAP NetWeaver (NW) - All versions
kernel, DBSL, hostname, system, status, failover , KBA , BC-DB-SYB , Business Suite on Adaptive Server Enterprise , BC-SYB-REP-SAP , Replication with SAP Suite / SAP BW , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.