- Which notification does SuccessFactors send to customers regarding datacenter's maintenance?
- Will Regular Maintenance Window events trigger notifications to customers?
- Will the customers be notified in outage occurrences?
- Will the customers be notified for planned release updates?
- Will unplanned events — such as emergency maintenance — trigger a notification to customers?
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- SAP ONE Support Launchpad
- Platform Services & Tools
As part of our continued efforts to improve customer experience and services, the SuccessFactors event notification distribution procedure has been revised.
The following is an overview of the Cloud Notification System for events related to SuccessFactors modules, such as HXM Suite (BizX), Employee Central Payroll (PAY), Onboarding (ONB), Learning (LMS), Recruiting Marketing (RMK), JAM Collaboration (JAM), Workforce Analytics (WFA), and others.
- A calendar of quarterly planned events (Regular Contractual Maintenance and Major Release/Upgrades) will be published/announced 30 days prior to the start of each quarter via the Cloud Availability Center.
- An email reminder notification will continue to be distributed for all Major Release/Upgrade events, five (5) business days in advance of the scheduled event.
- During planned events (Regular Contractual Maintenance & Major Releases/Upgrades), status updates will be published to the Cloud Availability Center.
- At the completion of each planned event, customers will be notified via email and published to the Cloud Availability Center.
- During unplanned events (Service Disruption or Degradation incidents), Initial and Resolution notifications will be provided via email and published to the Cloud Availability Center. Periodic updates, if required, will be published to the Cloud Availability Center.
For reference on when planned events are going to happen across the quarter, what they are and if they will affect system availability, please go through the following steps:
- Access the Cloud Availability Center
- Type your Customer ID in the "Customer" field at the top-center of the page.
- Several tiles will be shown. Focus on the "Planned Events".
- Select the event you'd like to learn more about.
- The next screen will bring a complete description about this event, such as:
- Affected system
- Event/update status
- Event start and end dates
- Data center
- Company ID
- Event/update description and outcomes
# Frequently Asked Questions- FAQs
- Will I receive a five (5) business day email notifications before the regular maintenance window?
- No. In December 2019, SuccessFactors announced the five (5) business day email notifications for Regular Contractual Maintenance would cease.
- Will I still receive a five (5) business day email notification before the Major Upgrade Window?
- Yes. For Major Releases/Upgrade events, SuccessFactors will continue to send a five (5) business day email notification reminder before the event, as well as publish to the Cloud Availability Center.
- How can I expect to learn about the status of ongoing planned or unplanned events?
- All status update notifications will continue to be created and published via the Cloud Availability Center only. Customers are expected to track the ongoing status of planned or unplanned events via Cloud Availability Center (CAC).
- Will notifications be sent for emergency or short notice maintenance events outside the established Regular Maintenance window?
- Yes. SuccessFactors will continue to send announcement and completion email notifications for all Emergency or Short Notice Maintenance events. Additionally, please note that planned maintenance events which require downtime outside the established regular maintenance window will be handled as an Emergency or Short-term Maintenance event.
- Will the Cloud Availability Center calendar have a different event legend for Major Upgrade versus Regular Maintenance events?
- No. All planned events will be reflected in the Cloud Availability Center calendar with a blue indicator. However, as part of our continued customer experience improvements, we have included this on our roadmap. Once a delivery plan has been defined and finalized, you will be notified.
- What other changes are on the roadmap and when will they be delivered?
- In accordance with your Cloud Agreement, SAP continues to work diligently on improvement to all SAP Cloud Services. As such, an email notification will be distributed to advise you of the effective date of all future enhancements. This will enable us to maintain the quality of delivery standards our valued customers deserve.
- How do I get to the availability calendar on the Cloud Availability Center?
- Once you have successfully logged into the SAP ONE Support launchpad to access the Cloud Availability Center application, select SAP SuccessFactors from the “Your SAP Products Overview” section on the home page to access the availability calendar. Please refer to the User Guide for detailed instructions.
Cloud Availability Center, outages, release updates, major updates, planned updates, unplaned updates, contractual maintenance notifications, notifications. , KBA , sf emails , LOD-SF-PLT-NOT , Email Notifications , XX-SER-SAPSMP-LAUNCH , SAP Support Portal Launchpad , XX-SER-SAPSMP-CAC , Cloud Availability Center , Problem