You receive the error 'Changes Lead to License Overconsumption' when trying to lock/unlock user or edit its attributes. Also, the changes are not saved.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Application and User Management work center.
- Open Business User view.
- Select the user.
- Try to lock / unlock the user or try to edit its attributes.
- You will receive the error 'Changes Lead to License Overconsumption' and the changes will not be saved.
There is a Scoping Question that was selected to prevent overconsumption of user licenses.
Go to Business Configuration Work center
- Go to Implementation view
- Click on "First Implementation"
- Edit the Project Scope
- Go to Question 4
- Expand "Built-in Services and Support"
- Expand "System Management"
- Click on "User and Access Management"
- Untick the Question "Do you want to prevent an overconsumption of user licenses?"
Once you descope the question the error will be prompted as a warning indicating that license has been overconsumed.
License overconsumption; business user; subscriber licenses; service control center; business user; lock unlock. , KBA , license overconsumption into warning , SRD-CC-CI-CCS , Service Control Center , Problem