While it is possible to maintain Categories for Activities in Business Configuration -> Activities -> Maintain Categories and also possible to assign these Categories to Activity types.
This document shows how to configure which category should be taken for E-Mail activities when you do not want all Inbound E-Mails as Business Mails in the system.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP Cloud for Customer
You can use Code List Restriction to further specify Categories to Activity types.
Code list restriction is not supported for A2X and OData.
As a workaround to set the category of an Email to custom category and maintain only one value for the category in Code list restriction.
- Go to the Administration work centre.
- Go to the General Settings view.
- Click Code List Restriction.
- Click New.
- Select Business Object: Activity.
- Select Code To Restrict: Category.
- Select a Control field and Business Role if required. Leave empty if this is to apply to the whole system.
- Save and open.
- Maintain Restrictions as required per Type.
- Select Default values as required.
- Save and restart the system.
Email, e-mail, Categories, Activities, in Business Configuration, Maintain Categories, assign Categories, Activity types. , KBA , LOD-CRM-PM-SLS , C4C Product Management - Sales , LOD-CRM-ACT , Activities , How To