When attempting to create a candidate profile from the external career site the following message is received:
"Account Already Exists
There is already an account with the email ..."
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the External Career Site;
- Click on "create an account":
- Fill out the information and click on "Create Account" on the bottom:
- Notice that the following screen shows up:
This happens becaus the email address that is being used is already on the system, and as SF Recruiting uses the email address as unique identifier for the candidate profile, we will not be able to create another one with the same email.
For you to validate if that is correct, you can generate an ad-hoc report.
- Create a new one using Recruiting V2;
- On the Columns select the Candidate Id, Email Address, First name and Last name from the Candidate;
- Go to Filters and in there add a filter for the Candidate email addres, and type in the same address you are using. On this example the used email was "email@example.com".
- Click in Preview on the bottom right corner:
See that there is indeed a candidate profile created on the system, as there is a Candidate Id associated to it.
If you still need to use this same email, for some reason, what can be done is to use the Delete Candidate feature, so you will remove this candidate profile from the system. Check the article 2670133 - Delete Candidate Feature - Recruiting Management for further info.
Note: When performing this action, ensure that you have the field contactEmail marked to be anonymized in the candidate profile template. If you delete the candidate profile and the field is not correctly configured with the anonymize="true", once you try to add the candidate again with the same email, you will receive an error message saying the candidate already exists.
Here is the correct field declaration you must have:
<field-definition id="contactEmail" type="text" required="true" custom="false" anonymize="true" sensitive="false">
You can also check the attribute using Manage Templates tool:
Candidate, profile, delete, account, already, exist, recruiting, external, career, site, cannot, create, new , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-CAN , General Candidate Issues (not Offers, not Profiles) , Problem