You have created a shopping cart and you have selected a preferred supplier in it.
However, when creating a purchase request linked to this shopping cart, the system ask you to "Assign Supplier to Purchase Request".
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
You have created a shopping cart ABC and you have selected a preferred supplier in it.
- Go to Purchase Requests and Orders work center.
- Select the Purchase Requests view.
- Open the advance filter and select ABC under Shopping Cart ID.
- Click New > Purchase Request.
- A new window shows the Purchase Request 123 with the information message "Assign Supplier to Purchase Request".
- Click this information message.
- From here you can see that the preferred supplier selected in the shopping cart has not been forwarded in your purchase request.
This is the expected system behavior cause the preferred supplier in the Shopping Cart is only a proposal from the requester to the purchaser.
Once you have selected a preferred supplier in your shopping cart, you can chose different option in your purchase request.
You can click "Accept Preferred Supplier", you can select the "Quick Sourcing Request" option, but you can also select manually another supplier.
Selecting a preferred supplier in your shopping cart can be accepted from your purchase request but does not force this supplier to be automatically present on this purchase request.
Missing Supplier, Shopping Cart, Purchase Request, Prefered Supplier , KBA , AP-PRP , Purchase Request Processing , AP-REQ , Internal Request Processing , How To