You have created a sales target plan for a specific sales unit. A user who has access to that sales unit is trying to edit the sales plan, however after opening the plan in Excel the fields are grayed out and no targets can be maintained.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the work center Sales and the view Sales Target Planning.
- Show all plans.
- Select the respective plan and open it in Excel.
- The key figure values are grayed out and you cannot enter any values.
The user has only indirect access to the sales unit for which the sales plan was created. To differentiate:
An indirect access means that the user was given read and write access to sales organizations by selecting the parent sales org in the hierarchy of sales orgs.
A direct access means that the user was given read and write access to a sales org by specifically selecting that sales org.
This can be checked in the Administrator work center, when editing the business user or the business role.
A user will be able to edit only those Sales Target Plans, which were created for the Sales Units to which they have direct access. Plans created on any other sales units will be shown as read-only for the user
- You can include the sales units for which the user has only indirect access as part of the plan.
- Alternatively, you can give the user direct access: Instead of checking the parent unit (which will automatically check all subordinate units with indirect access), you can uncheck the parent unit and check each unit separately.
sales target planning, sales plan, greyed out, excel plan, cannot be edited, excel report, reporting , KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To