- ASE errorlog reports error 834 with state 3
- The GC HK (housekeeper) process hangs, preventing the syslogs space to be released
- Errorlog entries show:
Error: 834, Severity: 20, State: 3
Illegal attempt to clean buffer: ....
- followed by a stack trace that includes the following functions:
Note: A complete example of the stack trace is available under Attachments
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise Cluster Edition (ASE CE) 16.0
Sybase, ASEServer, SAPASE, dataserver, CR819340, CR#819340, 819340 , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , BC-SYB-ASE-CE , ASE Cluster Edition (Standalone) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.